Racquel is sharing how to make chocolate dipped clementine hearts. These would make a fun snack or treat for kids on Valentine’s Day!
These chocolate dipped clementine hearts are easy to make. If you wanted to be super healthy, you could stop after cutting the clementine wedges and using toothpicks to create hearts, but even when dipped in dark chocolate these Valentine’s treats are healthier than most other candy hearts.
After the clementines are peeled and sectioned, you cut each slice as shown above and connect with toothpick as shown below.
Using a spoon, carefully dip and coat half of the Clementine heart. Set on parchment paper and allow chocolate to completely set.
Drizzle a small amount of the melted chocolate at the ends of the toothpicks to create an “arrow” look.
Serve and enjoy!
- 3 -4 Clementine or mandarin oranges (peeled and sectioned)
- 6 oz. dark chocolate candy melts, dark chocolate chips, or bakers chocolate
- After fruit is peeled and sectioned, cut each slice and connect with toothpick as shown below.
- Heat the dark chocolate candy melt in the microwave for 35 seconds.
- Stir and heat for an additional 30 seconds.
- Using a spoon, carefully dip and coat half of the Clementine heart into the melted chocolate.
- Set on clementine heart on parchment paper and allow chocolate to completely set.
- Drizzle a small amount of melt chocolate at both ends of the toothpicks to create an “arrow” look.
More Easy Homemade Candy Treats:
- Raspberry Bark
- Blackberry Bark
- Easy Peppermint Bark
- Peanut Butter Bark
- Coffee Bean Bark
- Cinnamon Bark
- Rocky Road Bark
- Cookies and Cream Bark
- Peanut Butter Bark with Pretzels
Racquel is a stay at home mom with an extensive background in interior home design. She loves baking & creating beautifully decorated treats, cooking new and unique recipes for the whole family, designing and decorating on a budget with upcycled projects, and making kid and grown-up crafts. You can find her at Creating, Cooking, and Kiddos.Yum