The holiday party season is just beginning. While holiday parties are a lot of fun, planning and organizing them when there are so many other things going on can be stressful. One way I have found that allows me to throw a party with minimal work is to host an open house and serve appetizers. This means I don’t have to worry about a late guest throwing off the dinner time or worry about limiting who I invite because I only have seating for 16 people.
The two time frames where I like to schedule open houses are in the afternoon between 2:00 and 4:00 and after 7:30 pm. The first is easy because it is between meals, so guests realize that you will only be serving finger foods. Scheduling a party in the evenings is a little trickier because some guests may expect a meal. I go out of my way to let them know that I will be serving hors d’ oeurves. However, since some guests will have to come directly from work, I try to serve some heartier appetizers and have plenty on hand for those who will be making a meal of them.
No matter when I throw my party, I put out Puff Pastry Wheels. My guests love them because they are so delicious and I love them because they are so easy to make. They have the wow effect without the work.
You just unfold a Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet, top it with your favorite ingredients, roll, slice, and bake. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
The possible flavor combinations for a Puff Pastry Wheel are as endless as your imagination. And you can always visit Puff Pastry.com or the Puff Pastry Facebook Page for ideas. I have found some great recipes there. I have also discovered that Pizza Wheels are hugely popular with all my guests, young and old alike.
The recipe for Puff Pastry Pizza Wheels is very flexible. I am sharing my favorite way to make them which includes pepperoni, but feel free to adapt the recipe to include your favorite pizza ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets and place them on a floured surface.
- Spoon pizza sauce onto the puff pastry sheets.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Place the sliced pepperonis on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley (optional).
- Roll the puff pastry sheets into a log.
- Brush the logs with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian Seasoning.
- With a sharp knife, slice each log into 12 wheels.
- Place the wheels on the lined baking sheets and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
I’m always looking for ways to spark new creative ideas with my recipes. I hope you enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out more recipes at www.puffpastry.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. The opinions and text are all mine.Yum