Last week I had Pasta Bake on my menu plan, but as I was pulling ingredients out of the fridge I saw the leftover ingredients from our pizza night. That triggered a memory of a Pizza Spaghetti recipe that I saw on Pinterest. I decided to experiment with my Pasta Bake recipe and ended up creating a new family favorite: Pizza Casserole!
You can add your favorite pizza topping to the casserole. We made a Pepperoni Pizza Casserole.
- 1 lb. rotini or penne pasta noodles, uncooked (I use brown rice pasta)
- 31/2 cups of pizza sauce (I used a double batch of my Pizza Sauce Recipe)
- 2½ cups water
- 2 cups of your favorite grated cheese (I used mozzarella and cheddar)
- 24 - 32 pepperonis (optional)
- ¼ cup onions (optional)
- 2 tablespoons diced bell peppers (optional)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- other favorite pizza toppings.
- Place uncooked pasta noodles in a 13×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the pizza sauce, water, and your favorite pizza toppings: onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc
- Pour pizza sauce mixture over noodles, mix enough to ensure the noodles are coated.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the noodles.
- Spread pepperonis on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 30 - 40 minutes or until the noodles are al dente and the cheese is melted.
- Let rest for several minutes before serving.