If you want to maximize your Black Friday savings, you need to go in with a plan. Here’s how to find the best deals on Black Friday.
Ahh..the shopping season is just around the corner and that means after you are stuffed on stuffing and turkey, it’s time to hit up the store aisles for some rockin’ deals.
You may be a “vet” to Black Friday shopping or a Black Friday newbie, but there is always a better way to do things when it comes to living frugally and in this post, I am here to share some tips on how to find the best deals on Black Friday!
How to Find the Best Deals on Black Friday
1. Plan ahead and make a budget. You shouldn’t put yourself in debt simply because the sales are amazing. Decide how much you can or are willing to spend on each gift for each person on your list and stick to it.
2. Sign up and get social – on social media that is. Love Target? Want to shop there on Black Friday? Sign up for their email or mobile app so you can get in on the know-how when they release tips, hints and even previews of their Black Friday deals. Many retailers are now even offering a one day preview if you are a subscriber to their app or newsletter.
3. Consider shopping early sales. In the past, people would line up at 6 am or 5 am at a store the day after Thanksgiving for a first foot in the door to the greatest sales. However, the trend recently has been for stores to open ON Thanksgiving at 10 pm or midnight to offer pre-Black Friday door busters. Find out of some of the items you need are on the early sales and make sure you plan to hit them up even though your dinner mess may still be waiting for you to clean up. Or even better, many stores are allowing your to buy Black Friday deals by shopping online on Thanksgiving.
4. Use online tools to help compare prices. While stores may tell consumers that they have not given out their flyers for Black Friday yet, if you do a little hunting on some online deal websites, you will find little glimpses of them right before the big kick-off.
5. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Just like making a cross-country trip, you will want to carefully plan out your trips to different stores. Which items are sure to sell like hotcakes? Which ones may still be there after the first hour? Plan accordingly to avoid as much disappointment as possible.
6. Leave kids at home. While it may seem like that is the obvious thing to do, I have seen parents dragging their kids out in PJs to snag the best deals. Kids will not be happy to go with you at 4 am to snag a vacuum cleaner, trust me. Instead, have one parent stay home with the kids or have a friend watch your kids.
7. Speaking of friends, bring some. This way, you can devise a game plan, and split up to get the best deals in all the departments. Plan to meet up at one central location. Have your friends grab deals in the department you want while you do the same for them in the department you are in.
8. Save some money for Cyber Monday. There are some amazing deals online so don’t get too disappointed if you didn’t get everything you hoped for.
9. Know what to buy and what to avoid on Black Friday. While you may be able to get a great deal on a TV on Black Friday, you won’t get a great TV necessarily. It will be the cheapest one the store has to offer most likely. Instead, wait until January and get a good deal on one while they go on sale for Superbowl.
10. Bring the sales flyers with you. With the boom to get consumers to buy on Black Friday, many retailers are highly competitive and will price match. On such a stressful and busy day, save yourself (and the poor cashier) some time and stress by bringing flyers with you that you plan to price match with.
Will you do some of your shopping on Black Friday? Which of these tips on how to find the best deals on Black Friday do you use?
Leave a Reply