Last week a friend gave me a pen and ink drawing she had created from a picture. I was so touched I started crying. A picture my oldest son painted hangs over my dresser and artwork my daughter created with pressed flowers hangs over my vanity. My husband and sons have gifted me on several occasions with raised garden beds. For many people, a hand-made gift means so much more than a store-bought gift.
If you have a special talent consider using it to make a hand-made gift instead of buying a present. However, it is possible to make a homemade presents even if you don’t have any special skills. I make homemade jams and homemade candy for many of the older people on our Christmas list. My two favorite cookbooks were created by mother-in-law and my step-mom. They each created a cookbook with all of the family favorites. It didn’t require a special skill, but it did take time on their part to gather and write down the recipes. All it takes to create a special gift for someone is to make something that matches their interests or fills a need.
Below you will find 15 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas, plus links to resources with even more ideas to inspire you.
15 DIY Christmas Gift Ideas
- DIY Necklace Holder / Simply Darrling
- DIY Sock Monkeys / Measured by the Heart
- DIY Hard Lotion Bars / Saving Cents
- Chalkboard Mug / Sunny with a Chance of Sprinkles
- DIY Neck Wrap / Simply Darrling
- DIY Bath Salts / A Day in Our Shoes
- Sugar Bowl Candle + Tea Cup Candle / Premeditated Leftovers
- DIY Hand Painted Wine Glasses / Second Chance to Dream
- Tile Coasters / Premeditated Leftovers
- Vinyl Signs / Measured by the Heart
- Homemade Lavender Sugar Scrub / So There
- Kids Art Note Card Sets / Premeditated Leftovers
- Holiday Spice Bath Salts / Mom Endeavors
- DIY Sunglasses Case / Covered in Mod Podge
- Nail Polish Painted Earrings / Second Chance to Dream
Are you making any handmade gifts this year?