These tips on how to save money on Cyber Monday will help you shop more effectively and save more money.
Black Friday is the long-standing traditional shopping day, but in recent years, you may have heard of “Cyber Monday.” Cyber Monday is an internet-wide sale on the Monday after Thanksgiving that is, in recent years, really a great way to shop when you can’t or don’t want to, make it out for Black Friday.
These tips on how to save money on Cyber Monday will help you shop effectively on the retail holiday and find the best deals.
How to Save Money on Cyber Monday
1. Don’t expect to get everything in one store online the same way you might do with Black Friday shopping. The internet allows you to shop the world all from the comfort of your home or office, so imagine what possibilities lie ahead.
2. Make a list. You may not be able to get everything on your list, but at least making one will help you know where to search online for the best deals. If you are not quite sure what you need to include on your list, make sure to ask. Cyber Monday is just like Black Friday-it is usually only for certain hours and stuff goes fast. Plan on shopping early and have a backup plan in place.
3. Sign up in the weeks leading up to Cyber Monday for newsletters from your favorite stores and retailers. They will often send out sneak peaks or hints of what will be on sale come Cyber Monday.
5. Get Social. “Like” and follow your favorite retail stores on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You will probably get some sneak peaks or fan exclusive deals this way as it gets closer to the date. Plus, a lot of retailers now offer special coupon codes this way as well.
6. Check your credit cards and their rewards. Some cards offer special rewards for shopping at partnered online retailers on Cyber Monday. Also, now is the time to start racking up bonus bucks on your favorite store’s loyalty programs so they can be spent on Cyber Monday and the online exclusive deals.
7. Shop through Ebates to get cash back on your online purchases. These sites help shoppers make sure they are getting the best deals in cyberspace plus show you who are offering deals as well.
8. Shop the “little guys”. Don’t think the best deals are only at the big retail stores. Many boutiques and private sellers on eBay, as well as independent consultants for in-home sales items like Avon, offer their own deals for shoppers on Cyber Monday on their websites. Often times, they will even throw in free shipping or free bonus items.
9. Compare prices before you hit “order”. Make sure this is the absolute best deal you can get by searching on Google Marketplace or another site that has similar items from many retailers lined up with prices.
10. Just like on Black Friday, set a budget for yourself. Since you are not shopping with actual cash, it is very important to make a budget and stick with it as it is way easier to overspend when you don’t see the cash leaving your hand. Nothing is a good deal if you overspend to get it.