I love love love pumpkin! It makes every recipe feel like a dessert – even pancakes. If it were up to me I would make pumpkin recipes all year round. And it is up to me, so I do. 🙂 However, I realize that most people think of pumpkin as an autumn food, so I have impatiently waited to share these gluten-free pumpkin pancakes with you.
This recipe makes 24 pancakes. I freeze the leftovers and then quickly reheat them for a fast and easy “homemade” breakfast on busy mornings. If you don’t want leftover pancakes, you can halve this recipe.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 tablespoon + 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk (or rice milk)
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup butter, melted (or dairy-free margarine)
- In a large bowl, combine flours, potato starch, guar gum, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, pumpkin, and butter.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients; stirring until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook until the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges look cooked; flip and cook the other side.