Who knew you could sew so many popular baby items? These free baby gear sewing patterns offer homemade alternatives for everything from diaper bags to play mats!
Babies can be expensive. There is so much gear to buy and a lot of it is way more expensive to purchase than if you were to make it. Many people make baby clothes, but you can also make all kinds of other things for babies such as nursing covers, baby slings, and changing pads. If you are preparing for your baby's arrival or want to have a perfect handmade gift for a baby shower, here are 10 free baby gear sewing patterns for you to make!
10 Free Baby Gear Sewing Patterns
1. Every new mom needs a diaper bag and this Diaper Bag with Dividers from Warehouse Fabrics uses simple rectangular pieces so even a person beginner sewing skills could do it.
2. This Baby Play Mat from I Am Momma Hear Me Roar is perfect for tummy time! The sewn on designs and toys will give your baby something to explore while building those neck and shoulder muscles.
3. If you plan on nursing, you probably have a Boppy or similar pillow. Make this 30 Minute Nursing Pillow Cover from Vanilla Joy in no time.
4. Make this foldable Baby Changing Pad from So Sew Easy to stick in the new diaper bag you just made from this roundup!
5. This Baby Sling Pattern from Homemade Adelaide is perfect for carrying your infant with you on the go. It looks like it might be easier to do than some other more complicated pattens I came across, too.
6. Craftaholics Anonymous has a free Nursing Cover Pattern that seems to be so easy you could make it in just a short amount of time. I love the pattern of the fabric she chose!
7. This Infant Car Seat Blanket from Calico is a must-have for most new moms, especially if your baby will be born in the summer or winter.
8. Every nursery needs a place to put all of those dirty onesies before you get a chance to do laundry and this Hamper from ikat bag is awesome. It requires not only sewing skills, but minor woodworking skills, but it folds up when not in use and would be a great bin of toys later on as well.
9. Hanging Diaper Stackers are convenient, but they can be a great way to decorate a nursery too. This Hanging Diaper Stacker from Sew 4 Home features a sun applique pattern that you can add to the diaper stacker.
10. I had never seen anything like this Travel High Chair from This Mama Makes Stuff when my daughter was a baby, but boy, would this have come in handy!
I hope you found some great tutorials and free patterns for baby gear on this list. Which are you going to make?