Find your next quilting project with these 10 free quilt patterns.
Summer is the perfect time to update your bedspread. Quilts are perfect for giving your bed a warm weather upgrade. A good, hand made quilts can last a lifetime and is often passed down through generations. While they may be time time-consuming to make, they are well worth it and better than anything you could buy in a store. What is better, you can totally customize them for any decor you are doing in any room.
The free quilt patterns hand picked for this list are fun, unique and maybe even a bit of a challenge. Are you up for it?
10 Free Quilt Patterns
1. If you have a baby shower you are attending or you are having a baby yourself this summer or fall, this Numeral Pattern Quilt by I Sew Free will make a great gift for the little one in your life. Wouldn't this look great folded up over the crib or even hanging on the wall?
2. Some quilting patterns are great for beginners. This T-Shirt Quilt Tutorial by Love to Sew Studio is right up your alley if you are just learning to sew quilts. This would also be a great gift to give to a young adult that is heading off to college with their favorite old band Tees, too, wouldn't it?
3. Another pattern that would make a sweet baby gift is this Color Blocked Baby Quilt from the Polka Dot Chair is perfect! The gradual fade of the colors gives it a unique appeal.
4. Since it is summer, you need a summer pattern for your quilting projects. How about this ultra adorable Sweet Treats (ice cream) Pattern by Quilt in a Day? It looks simple to do and would make a great quilt or duvet cover for the warmer months.
5. I really like how almost mesmerizing this pattern is. The “Movement in Squares” pattern by Ivory Spring is really neat, isn't it? It would look great in any color scheme and on any bed!
6. Since I wrote a post on how to save on fabric, you may have some scraps laying around or even a few rags. This next pattern is perfect for using up these pieces! This Raw Edge Layer Cake Quilt by Bloom is fun and easy to make and has a great tutorial!
7. This Pinwheels and Patchwork Quilt from a Bright Corner is a lovely pattern for a larger quilt. It is shown as a Christmas quilt but could be made for any occasion in other colors.
8. I am absolutely floored by how cute this Bloom Quilt is by Amy Butler. It has a 3-D like quality to it that makes me wish I was a really good quilter. This one is for higher skill levels, but it is oh so beautiful and really looks like you are bringing summer inside!
9. Ombre design is still in style for clothing and even nails and now for quilts! Check out this awesome Ombre Quilt pattern by V and Co! They list it as a baby quilt but I think it would look great on any sized bed. It seems simple enough as well!
10. This 4-Patch Slice Quilt from Inspiring Creations is absolutely beautiful. Allow it looks amazing, the blocks look fairly simple to sew.
As a bonus, I've included a duvet cover pattern:
The crisp lines and cool colors in this next quilt look perfect for summer! Check out the Bella Mountains Duvet Cover from Very Berry Kerry. It is simple and looks like it is appropriate for a beginner to intermediate skill level.
Save even more on your duvets and quilts with these tips for saving money on fabric and quilting supplies.
What is your favorite of these free quilt patterns? (You know what mine is!)
Free Sewing Patterns
- 10 Free Skirt Patterns for Women
- 10 Free Sundress Patterns for Women
- 10 Free Dress Patterns for Girls
- 10 Free Skirt Patterns for Girls
- 10 Free Sundress Patterns for Girls
- 10+ Free Window Treatment Patterns and Tutorials