You can make your own maternity clothes that fit and look great with these free maternity patterns!
When I was pregnant with my daughter, I had a hard time finding maternity clothes that fit me in the ways I liked my non-maternity clothing to fit. Pants were too baggy in places, shirts weren't long enough, and stuff was tight in all the wrong places. I wish I had known how to sew because I could have made better maternity clothing myself. In the past, maternity styles were, to put it lightly, just not that great looking either. If you are looking to make some new duds for your growing belly and wardrobe, here are 10 free maternity patterns to do just that!
10 Free Maternity Patterns
1. With a growing belly, you will need some different pants to wear, and pants can be a challenge for anyone to make, especially when you want it done quickly, so here is a tutorial on how to transform any pants into maternity ones from Modest Maven.
2. This Maternity Top from Made by Rae is one of the kinds of tops I would have definitely worn. It looks breezy and comfortable for summer and a great top with a cardigan in the cooler months.
3. DIY Maternity has a very cute dress they call the Turn About the Room Dress, and I think it looks like a perfect dress for many occasions from casual to office.
4. This Maternity Bib Halter Top is one of the cutest tops I have seen for a soon-to-be-mom. It provides lots of room for a growing belly! Check out the pattern for it on the Sewing Rabbit.
5. Everyone needs a cute maxi dress, and this DIY Maternity Dress from the DIY Divas is great because it uses a T-Shirt you already have.
6. So..Zo..What do you Know? has a great tutorial on how to make a Jersey Maternity Top or Tank.
7. This Criss-Cross Maternity Top from Cotton and Curls is really adorable! I love the fun open back part of it!
8. I love this Upcycled Maternity Dress from a Men's Polo from Lil Mama Sews! This looks like the perfect thing to wear with leggings and feel comfortable in!
9. Running with Scissors has a great pattern for Maternity Jeans and these are even made from scratch!
10. Just in time for summer, this Tiered Dress from the Sewing Rabbit via Me Sew Crazy is a great thing to add you your maternity wardrobe.
As a bonus, although this is not technically a maternity clothing item, I love this idea for a DIY Pretty Hospital Gown for labor and delivery from Design Fix.