These free patterns for nursing clothes offer attractive and functional options for nursing moms.
When new moms bring their bundle of joy into the world, they often get tons of clothes for the baby, but don't think that if they are nursing, they might need some new wardrobe pieces themselves. When it comes time to look for them, you often stumble across a lot of specialty pieces that are pricey and not even close to affordable for the new mom that needs them. If you have some time and some sewing skills, you can make many of your own nursing clothes. Here are some free patterns for nursing clothes to get you inspired!
10 Free Patterns for Nursing Clothes
1. This Peplum Top that has been modified into a nursing top is great from the Jocole Blog. I love this modern and trendy design.
2. This tutorial on how to convert a T-Shirt Pattern into a nursing top from Assorted Notions is great. I like casual stuff like this for everyday wear.
3. Pretty Prudent shares a pattern for a nice Wrap Dress that is perfect for nursing moms to wear.
4. Dizzy Rat has a great easy top to sew for nursing moms. She calls it her “Favorite Feeding Top“. Looks like it would be a great everyday top!
5. Upcycled projects are my favorite and this Discreet Upcycled Nursing Top tutorial from The Wired Tree is great. It's so easy you could make several!
6. This Big T Nursing Top from Things for Boys is innovative. Instead of pulling down a section of the top to nurse, the arms are wide enough to nurse that way!
7. Leafy Treetop has a free pattern and tutorial for a Nursing Sleep Bra. This will come in handy!
8. The Deep Vee Nursing Top Tutorial from DIY Maternity is a great overall piece. You can even wear it before baby gets here as a flattering maternity top!
9. Make your favorite shirts into nursing tops with this Refashion Tutorial from Home Sweet Homebodies.
10. Every nursing mom needs some nursing pads so she doesn't ruin her favorite tops! Here is a tutorial to make DIY washable nursing pads from Montana Homesteader.