It’s easy to clean the things you see on a daily basis, but what about the areas you don’t see? A clean home helps keep bacteria and unwanted bugs out. Don’t miss these 10 Top Places People Forget to Clean, so that your home can stay in tip top shape.
10 Places People Forget to Clean
1. Behind the Oven & Under the Fridge- Cleaning behind the oven and under the fridge isn’t something most people think about doing. However, it’s a must considering all of the food that falls behind the stove and all of the dirt and bacteria that builds up under the fridge. Add this to your spring cleaning list.
2. Around the Toilet- When most people clean their toilet, they don’t always remember to clean around the bottom of the toilet and behind it. Add this task to your list of things to do when you deep clean your bathroom.
3. Under the Area Rug- Area rugs are nice because the keep the room looking nice and clean, but they still need a little TLC underneath. Every now and again, make sure you pull it out and vacuum under the rug itself.
4. Inside of the Trash Can- Although it might seem pointless to clean the trashcan, it’s necessary. Cleaning the inside of the trashcan can help eliminate germs and odors. Don’t forget to clean the outside as well. You can add this to your monthly cleaning list.
5. Under the Sinks- In most homes, “under the sinks” become a place to put just about anything. Once a month, make sure you reach down below the sinks in your home, remove the clutter, and wipe it clean.
6. Upholstery- When you think of cleaning, your upholstery probably isn’t the first thing on your mind. Believe it not though, germs and dirt can find its way inside of your furniture and on the outside. Wipe it down from time to time, using an appropriate cleaner. This is a nice task to do before your prepare your home for company at the holidays.
7. Toothbrush Holder- Take a moment right now to go look in your toothbrush holder, you might just gag when you realize how dirty it really is. You can clean out with warm water and soap or just consider throwing it out altogether! Add this to the list of tasks you perform when you deep clean your bathroom.
8. Doors- Think of how many people touch the doors in your home. Maybe it’s time to give them a good scrub down. While you’re at it, clean the baseboards, doorknobs, and light switches. This task is easy enough that you can assign it to a child's weekly chore list.
9. Window Seals- Don’t look now, but there may be quite a few bugs lurking in your window seals. Of course, most of them are dead but they still need cleaned out. This is probably one of the most forgotten about places to clean in the home. Follow up cleaning windows by cleaning the window seal.
10. Under the Beds- Most people forget to clean under the beds until it’s time to move them. Clean out from under the beds at least once a month to prevent build up from occurring.
Take these often over-looked areas into consideration when you create your own cleaning list. Some of them should be added to the weekly cleaning list, most are fine on the monthly cleaning list, and a few can be relegated to the annual or biannual cleaning list.
What is the one place in your home that you forget to clean?