Fall cleaning is a task every family will take on at some point and these 7 Fast Fall Cleaning Tips For Every Home will make this year's cleaning, decluttering, and organizint much more manageable. From making the right kind of list, to sticking with cleaning and not getting distracted, this list will help you to make the most of your fall cleaning routine.
7 Fast Fall Cleaning Tips For Every Home
1. Make a list before you get started. Sit down and go through each room and area of your home to clean. Make a list of things you want to focus on. Things like sweeping, mopping, dusting under beds, replacing light bulbs or smoke detector batteries, and similar items. Break down your list by room so you can mark things off as you go and keep track.
2. Start outside and work your way in. This applies not only to the outside of your home, but to each room. Before you begin digging into closets and drawers, work on the outside of items. Wipe down walls, clean ceiling fans, sweep, mop, vacuum and dust before you open the closets or drawers to sort or organize. That way if you don't get to the inside items, your home still has the appearance of having been cleaned.
3. Start at the top and work your way down. If you have a multi-level home, this is a great way to work your way room to room. It also applies to the individual rooms. Dusting, wiping down walls and cleaning ceiling fans is all much easier and more efficient when you start at the top and work your way down.
4. Put clutter into boxes or baskets and sort after you clean. It is hard to fight the urge to declutter and purge while cleaning. Instead of sorting and purging as you go, add those items to boxes and set aside for sorting at a later date. Fall cleaning is all about cleaning and getting things scrubbed and sanitized.
5. Use a multi-purpose cleaner and washable rags to save time and money. Instead of carting dozens of cleaners all over your home, create a simple natural all purpose cleaner with vinegar and essential oils. This will clean and deodorize nearly every surface in your home. To save time and money, you can create some scrap rags out of old t-shirts and sheets, or invest in some shop rags to use for cleaning purposes. They are easy to add to the laundry and much cheaper.
6. Enlist the entire family to help. This is the best fast fall cleaning tip for any family. Adding more hands to work will always make it easier to accomplish things. Break down chores by ability or area and have your kids and spouse help do everything from gather trash to wipe down walls or dust baseboards. The faster you get things done, the more fun you can have together as a family later.
7. Don't forget to schedule a chimney sweep. This is a fall cleaning tip that is mostly important for those who have fireplaces in their home. While it doesn't help with time now, it can save time, expense and frustration later. Schedule a chimney sweep to come clean your chimney and make sure it is up to standard before you have to put it back into regular use during the colder months.
These fast fall cleaning tips for every home are going to revitalize the way you clean. Get things sparkling, then you'll have the time and energy to go through and get rid of clutter, broken items, or outgrown clothing to make your home even cleaner and easier to manage.