Lemons are a popular fruit due to their nutritional benefits. Not only are they good for your health, but for beauty reasons as well. They are a huge source of vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, potassium, and and also contain traces of vitamin A and iron. Here are just 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water on a regular basis.
10 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water
- System Cleanser: The high dose of vitamin C in lemons can flush out the toxins in your body by increasing enzyme function which stimulates your liver. Just by drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning, it can help flush out toxins and rehydrate your body.
- Weight Loss Aid: Since lemons contain pectin fiber, it can aid your weight loss efforts by curbing your hunger cravings.
- Immune System Booster: Since vitamin C is first to drop when you become stressed, an extra dose during the day help keep stress levels lower.
- Digestion Aid: Lemon juice aids in healthier digestion by loosening toxins in your digestive tract and helps with acid indigestion, heartburn, and bloating.
- Inflammation Reducer: With regular consumption of lemon water you can decrease the acidity in your body and therefore ease inflammation of your joints.
- Breath Freshener: Because lemon water contains both citric and ascorbic acid that can help maintain pH levels in your body, it can freshen your breath and kill bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Heart Health Help: With its high dose of potassium, lemon water can aid in your heart health as well as brain and nerve function.
- Skin Care: The antioxidants in lemon water can help decrease blemishes and even wrinkles.When it is applied directly to the skin on scar and age spots, it can help reduce their unsightly appearance by purifying your blood and promotes the growth of new blood cells. Vitamin C is a must have for healthy collagen production for smoother and healthier skin.
- Sore Throat Healer: With the antibacterial properties of lemon, drinking warm lemon water can help ease a sore throat and if gargled regularly it can also speed up the healing process. It’s a great way for a boost to your immune system.
- Energy Booster. Lemon juice gives your body energy when it is in your digestive tract. With its high dose of potassium, it has been shown to help you sleep better. This benefit will definitely help reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression. Just the scent of a lemon can provide a calming effect.
The benefits of drinking lemon water are endless and it is a simple way to make a positive change for your health. It is by no means a miracle cure, but its cleansing and healing effects will help you in the long run. So, add a glass of warm lemon water to your morning and enjoy the benefits all day long.
More Healthy Living Tips:
Stephanie Brandt is a wife, mother, teacher, and non-profit founder who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband of 17 years and their two sons, three dogs, and Lucky the cat. She and her husband founded a Toiletry Bank in their local area that helps over 50+ families with free toiletries several times a year. Follow along as she teachers you how to live on less at www.debtfreespending.com!