Yesterday, I shared how we decorated our home with Nativity Scenes. While we enjoy decorating our home with religious decorations we also decorate with just-for-fun decorations like snowmen and nutcrackers too.
Each of our children's rooms are decorated with a theme. We didn't mean to create themed rooms, it just sort of happened. My daughter's room is decorated in angels, my oldest son's room is decorated with nutcrackers, and my youngest son's room is decorated with snow men. We also put a small, lit tree in each of their rooms too.
I know. We are that family, the one who decorates the entire house for Christmas. I think I enjoy decorating for Christmas more than any other aspect of celebrating Christmas. I am not sure why, but I find all of the greenery and white lights soothing. We leave our decorations up until the day after the Epiphany (Epiphany is celebrated on January 6).
While some of our decorations are bought, my favorite decorations are the ones we have made or have received as a gift. Below I have created a list of 15 DIY Christmas Decor Ideas. Most of them are easy DIY projects that require little skill and are inexpensive to make.
15 DIY Christmas Decor Ideas
- DIY Burlap Place mats / Second Chance to Dream
- Hymnal Angel / The Happy Housewife
- DIY Yarn Christmas Trees / Emmy Mom
- Thrifted No-Sew Tablecloth Tree Skirt / A Night Owl Blog
- Felt Christmas Tree Tutorial / Covered in Mod Podge
- Tin Can Snowman / Practically Functional
- Terra Cotta Snowman / One Creative Mommy
- Terra Cotta Nutcracker / Home Depot
- Tomato Cage Christmas Trees / Emmy Mom
- Winter Paper Flowers / Three in Three
- Easy Sock Snowman / Premeditated Leftovers
- Distressed Scrabble JOY tiles / Tatertots and Jello
- DIY Christmas Village House / Kathe With an E
- DIY Felted Wool Garland / According to Kelly
- Christmas Chalkboard Printable / Measured by the Heart