I am sitting here drinking my wonderful cup of ginger tea when it dawns on me that I need to tell you all about the amazing uses for used tea bags! If you are a tea drinker you will understand just how many tea bags can end up in your garbage can! It has been said that used tea bags contributes fifteen hundred tons of waste to landfills every year. Why not re-use those tea bags and really get your moneys worth out of them! At least you will get a few uses out of them before they head off to the landfill or better yet add them to your compost pile!
20 Frugal Uses for Used Tea Bags
- Poison ivy got you down? Take a used tea bag and dab it on the effected area to dry it out. Repeat often.
- Tea dye arts and crafts supplies.
- Place a few used tea bags in a bowl and place in the fridge to help soak up odors.
- Clean burned on food from a pan by throwing your old tea bags in water and soaking the pan for 20 minutes. It makes a great degreaser also.
- Relieve puffy eyes by placing a tea bag on each closed eye for 10-15 minutes.
- Break open a few tea bags and rub on your hands to get rid of fish or onions smells.
- The tannis found in tea can help stop bleeding on a minor nick. Apply a cool teabag directly on top of the bleeding area.
- Tenderize a tough cut of meat by steeping for of five black tea bags in one cup of water. Combine equal amounts of brewed water and beef stock and marinate your meat for 20 minutes.
- Cut open your tea bag and add it to water and use to water the plants.
- Place a warm wet tea bag on a plantar wart and soak for 20 minutes per day.
- Add a few old tea bags to very warm water and use for a foot soak.
- Place a wet tea bag on a razor burn to help reduce inflammation and relieve the pain.
- Lay a used tea bag on top of a bug bite and it will help draw out the itchy poison.
- Place a few tea bags in your rice while cooking for a truly unique flavor.
- Ease canker sore pain by freezing a tea bag and placing it on the site of the sore.
- Place a thin cloth bag full of teabags in a room in your home to absorb moisture and reduce humidity
- Sooth a sunburn by laying a cool tea bag on the effected area. If the burned area is large throw a few tea bags in the tub and soak in it.
- Some acne sufferers have shown improvement by washing their face in green tea.
- Lay a used tea bag on top of a bruise to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- Make your own at home facial treatment. Place a couple of used tea bags into a bowl of steaming water. Position your face over the bowl and hang a towel over your head to hold in the steam.
Do you have any uses for used tea bags that you could share with us today?