There are some things that frugal people just do not do. Why is that? Because it will cost them money they don’t need to be spending. Ever wonder what these things they don’t do are? Well, I’m going to tell you! Stop doing these 5 Things Frugal People Do Not Do and watch how much more money you are able to put into savings.
5 Things Frugal People Do Not Do
1. They don’t pay for items on credit. When you buy something on credit not only do you pay for that item but you pay interest. So you pay MORE for the items then you already planned too! Ouch! So what do frugal people do? They save money to pay cash for those items. They make car payments to themselves, they make house payments to themselves instead of to the bank, and they earn interest for themselves in a savings account! Plus you can score a better deal when you offer to pay cash for something!
2. They don’t waste leftovers. Tossing left over food is like tossing money right in the trash! Eat the leftovers for lunch and save on lunch the next day! Some frugal people take it to the next level and purposefully cook extra to have leftovers for lunch. End of the week and have left overs still in the fridge? Have a left overs meal, that means no cooking!
3. They don’t ignore the clearance rack. In fact, frugal people tend to hit clearance racks first. Walking into a clothing store, they gravitate to them to find what they need there first. Even grocery stores have clearance racks, so why pay full price for something on your list when you can get it at a discount? They also remember that just because it's on clearance doesn't make it a deal if you don't need the item.
4. They don’t pay double for their cell phone plans. When you have a ‘name brand’ cell phone provider like Verizon and Sprint you will pay for it! Why not get a cheaper cell phone plan with the same phones, and run on the same towers? That’s where providers like Republic Wireless and Cricket Mobile come in. These plans run off the same towers as the big brands but in many cases cost less than half as much!
5. They don’t get tricked in to buy expensive presents. Birthday and holidays can kill your budget if you aren’t careful! Don’t let anyone make you feel bad because you didn’t get your kids that $200 game system for Christmas. They will learn so much more with a few good books or a science kit. The same goes for birthdays. Give gifts with a meaning, not with a price tag.
What do you NOT do to stay frugal?
More Frugal Living Tips
Danielle is a mom of 4, Former Navy Wife, Homeschooling mom, frugalista and blogger at The Frugal Navy Wife. She and her family of 6 are currently setting out on their lifelong dream to travel via RV around the United States. They are documenting their journey on Roadschooling with The Frugal Navy Wife.