I put together my own face wash and moisturizer using natural ingredients including essential oils. Something was missing to perfect the balance- a toner. I experimented with several recipes I found online and came up with this combo that brightens skin, tightens pores, and reduces oil in the skin. Fresh, clean, and bright smelling it will leave your skin the same and you can feel great about the natural ingredients that make up this citrus toner. Use only 100% therapeutic grade essential oils to be safe.
Refreshing Citrus Toner Recipe
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ( about 1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 2 Tbsp. distilled water
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
1. First, you will need a small glass bottle or spray bottle-the one I used is a spice jar from Target with the label removed. Citrus is very acidic and will eat away at plastics so I do not recommend using a plastic container.
2. Using a funnel squeeze lemon juice into jar, careful to keep seeds out.
3. Add apple cider vinegar, lemon essential oil, and water. Replace lid and shake well.
Use daily and apply with a cotton pad after washing face and before moisturizing. Mixture will last for up to 2 weeks. Some people are sensitive to citrus oils and may break out, dilute with more water if needed and discontinue if your skin cannot tolerate.
More Homemade Beauty Treatments
How to Make Honey and Lavender Night Cream
How to Make a Homemade Milk Bath
How to Make Your Own Body Lotion
Leave a Reply