These DIY Moth Repellant Bags are a natural alternative to stinky moth balls. Follow the easy tutorial to repel moths and protect your stored away clothes.
Whether you are putting up your winter clothes until next year, need a little extra help in the linen closet, or in your dresser drawers, these easy DIY Moth Repellant Bags will keep your clothes safe and they will smell amazing too! Made with simple ingredients, these bags still pack a powerful repelling punch to protect your clothes and other fabrics from holes without the stinging smell of traditional moth balls (gotta love that). Gather up a few supplies and let’s get started putting these together.
DIY Moth Repellant Bags Tutorial
- 2 tablespoons dried Lavender
- 2 tablespoons dried Rosemary
- 10 cotton balls
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
1. Start by placing 1 drop of each oil onto each cotton ball.
2. Divide the dried rosemary and dried lavender evenly into each bag, about 1 1/2 tsp. Add 2 cotton balls with essential oil to each bag and close tightly.
3. Hang your bags from coat hangers, add to storage chests, in linen closets, and anywhere else you need to keep those flying critters out of. These bags are very inexpensive to make so you can reuse the bag and refresh the ingredients each year as you are putting away your winter clothes.