Making your own holiday decor is so easy! You can make your holiday decor without blowing the budget if you pick up some of your supplies at your local dollar store. You can probably pick up everything you need to make quick centerpieces like the one you see here for about $3.00 in supplies.
This frugal but festive Jewel Christmas Tree Centerpiece is perfect for your holiday decoration, and is a craft that even the kids can get in on and enjoy. Take a look below at how $3 in supplies is all you need to make your own jewel tree centerpiece just like the one you see here.
Easy DIY Jewel Christmas Tree Centerpiece
- Foam craft cone
- Assorted glass stones
- Hot glue, glue gun
- To get started making your tree, find a flat surface you can craft on. That will be important when crafting your jewel tree.
- Begin by applying a two inch strip of hot glue at the base of the tree. Press 2-3 glass stones onto the glue and hold in place until secure.
- Repeat, adding another two inch strip of glue and pressing the glass stones to the glue. You want to continue to apply glue at the base and work your way to the top of the cone.
- As you continue adding the glass beads, try to place them as close together as possible. While you will experience some gaps, you don’t want any huge spaces between them. Take care to apply the beads slowly, evenly, and thoroughly so they stay in place.
- Continue adding the glass stones until you have covered the entire cone. Add one more glass stone to the top of the cone to finish the tree off. While sticking the stones on you can opt for a random pattern or make a specific one. The choice is up to you!
When you are done, you will have a glass stone covered tree that reflects light beautifully and will make a wonderful addition to your holiday tablescape. So why not head to your local dollar store and see what crafting fun you can get into? With about $3 in supplies, you can make your own Jewel Christmas Tree Centerpiece just like this!