If you are reading this post right now, I am so sorry. It may mean that you have poison ivy and are seeking out some much-needed relief. Well no worries, because that itchy and uncomfortable rash will not get the best of you. Instead, find relief with this homemade lavender infused poison ivy bath soak. This lavender infused poison ivy bath soak has all the ingredients you need to help soothe itching and inflammation, and even dry out the rash. The best part? The lavender will help you chill, which everyone can use after a bout of poison ivy. Here is how you can get started making a batch of this soak for yourself!
When you are done soaking, check out this homemade poison ivy body scrub here, perfect for applying after. It will help with calming the itch and drying up that rash in no time!
Lavender Infused Poison Ivy Bath Soak
- 1 cup of plain oatmeal oats
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- 4-5 mint leaves (optional)
- 1-2 fresh lavender sprigs (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix your dried goods meaning your oatmeal and baking soda. Stir well.
2. If you choose to use the fresh herbs, rinse them well and chop fine. Add into the mixture. The lavender will add calming properties, while the mint can help cool your skin and even offer antiseptic properties.
3. If not using the fresh herbs, you can move ahead to adding your essential oil. Lavender essential oil is easy to find and inexpensive, making it the perfect oil for this soak. It will help relax and calm you, which is typically needed when dealing with poison ivy! For our recipe we used about 10 drops. Use more or less depending on your preferences.
4. Once all ingredients are mixed well, you can pour the soak into a glass jar with lid or air tight bag or container until you are ready to use it. To use, simply pour the mixture into a warm, running bath and let it dissolve.
You will find this lavender infused poison ivy bath soak to be just the thing you need when poison ivy hits. Give it a try and see if it doesn't offer some relief!