If you want to wash your produce to help remove pesticides, make a batch of this organic fruit and vegetable wash with only 3 ingredients.
It is always a good idea to give your produce a good wash before eating. A fruit and vegetable wash is a great way to do this and make sure all of your produce is as clean as possible. You can buy such products at your local grocer or retail store, but they come at a price. Instead, why not make your own? You can make your own natural and organic fruit and vegetable wash in just minutes, and it is easier than you may think. Take a look below at how to whip your own batch up so you can be enjoying fresh and clean produce in no time.
Organic Fruit and Vegetable Wash Recipe
- 1 organic lemon, medium sized
- Organic White vinegar
- Spray bottle (BPA-Free)
1. Begin by cleaning the spray bottle well with warm water. Set aside.
2. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze as much of the juice out as you can.
3. Take three tablespoons of white vinegar and pour it into the bottle.
4. Add one cup of water and shake the bottle well to mix.
5. Add the lemon juice and give one final shake.
How to Use Vegetable Wash:
- The lemons and vinegar will clean as well as disinfect your produce.
- To use, simply spray the fruit and vegetable wash on your produce (while the peels and skins are still on).
- Then rinse your produce.
- Wipe your fruit and veggies clean.
You don’t need to use a lot of this product, just a simple misting on each produce item will do.
Note: Of course, you can substitute a regular lemon for the organic lemon if you wish. The solution, in that case, would be natural, however, it would not be organic. Do what works for you and your budget.
Whip up a batch of this produce cleanser and see how easy it can be to enjoy fresh and clean fruits and vegetable!
More Natural Homemade Products:
- How to Make Your Own Sugar Scrubs
- How to Make Your Own Lip Balm
- How to Make Your Own Body Lotion
- How to Make Your Own Facial Cleansers and Masks
This recipe was originally published on April 4, 2014. It was updated on April 13, 2018.