Have you ever stopped to think about the many uses of wrapping paper? Or, do you just throw away your wrapping paper after opening up the present?
Well, today you’re going to learn how to to reuse and recycle your wrapping paper into a decorating idea for your home.
Here at Premeditated Leftovers, we’re all about recycling and reusing items.
Some of our popular recycle and reuse posts include:
- 7 Ways to Reuse Old Christmas Cards
- Green Gift Wrap Ideas, Bow Tutorial, and Tips for Making Gift Wrap Last
- Ideas for Reusing Tissue Boxes
- Recycle Household Items to Create Unique Wrapping Paper
- 7 Creative Ways to Use Old Magazines
- 5 Ways to Use an Old Garden Hose
- How to Make a Bird Feeder Out of an Upcycled Candle Holder
And now, I’m sharing a new repurpose project with you. Have you ever thought about taking used wrapping paper to recreate DIY Decor ideas throughout your house?
Let’s say you have a vase. Each season you change out the flowers. Or are you going to the store to buy a new vase to give your decorating area a fresh new look?
You don’t have to do that anymore! You can take the same vase and just redecorate it. Use the tutorial below to learn how.
How to Use Wrapping Paper to Decorate Vases
- Used Wrapping Paper (or you can buy new paper, it’s pretty cheap!)
Measure out the appropriate amount of wrapping paper based on the size of your vase.
Lay out the wrapping paper, then set the vase at the edge of one side.
Then roll the wrapping paper tightly around the vase. Seal the open end with tape or hot glue (tape is usually easier).
You can then decide what you want to put into the vase, or depending on the wrapping paper design and size of the vase, it may be enough to just stand alone with out any extra fuss!
And once you’re done with this decoration design for the season or Holiday, save to reuse again (next Holiday, birthday present, etc)
There are so many ways you can use your newly repurposed vase:
- Centerpiece for your Table
- Sitting on your sideboard (You can check out the one I did for Easter)
- Decoration for the Front Bay Window in your Living Room
- Decorations for the bathroom or bedrooms or Kitchen
As you can see the ideas are endless! This idea not only saves you money on purchasing new decorations for each season and Holiday, but it helps our Earth by recycling.
What are some ways you plan on reusing your Wrapping Paper?