We’ve shared a collection of 10 Free Apron Patterns. However, we realize that there may be some people who love aprons, but don’t enjoy sewing, so Katie is sharing a No Sew Dish Towel Apron Tutorial. No sewing or patterns are required to make this apron! All you need is a dish towel, a ribbon, and some iron on fabric tape to make this quick and easy apron.
No Sew Dish Towel Apron Tutorial
- Thick ribbon, at least 1 yard
- Cotton dishtowel
- Iron on fabric tape or fabric adhesive
1. Begin by folding your towel into the size apron you want. You can fold it down to about 8 inches by 8 inches square for a child, or simply fold the towel in half for an adult. If you wish for a longer apron, manipulate the fabric to get the shape you wish. For the sample you see here, we folded the towel once in half, then folded each end in about 2 inches.
2. Apply a strip of iron on fabric tape or fabric adhesive to the inside of your folded seams. Press and iron the towel if needed. The idea is to use the tape or adhesive to secure the shape of the towel.
3. Apply a length of adhesive tape or glue to the top of your towel. Press the length of ribbon into it. Press and iron if needed. The ribbon should now be adhered to the towel, leaving you two lengths on each side for tying.
4. Once your adhesive is dry or ironed in place, your towel can be used. Simply use the excess ribbon as ties, tying them behind your back to hold the apron in place.