I love this Scarecrow Wine Glass craft! It’s such a fun way to decorate a mantle, or even build a unique centerpiece for the fall season. Even though it is a glass craft project, this wine glass craft is still a good idea for your kids to help create.
My favorite way to decorate for the seasons is to use things I already have on hand. That’s where this fun Scarecrow Wine Glass Votive Holder came into play. I love the idea that you can design your own scarecrow votive holder to be uniquely yours. That means you can use the colors that work best for your Fall themed decor, or you can let your kids have fun designing their own unique scarecrow faces.
You can easily pick up some inexpensive glass or plastic wine glasses online or at your local dollar store. For a craft like this, there is no need to pay a ton for specialty glasses. In fact, plastic may be a great option to make it a cost-effective craft.
Scarecrow Wine Glass Votive Holder Tutorial
- hemp twine
- paper plate
- wine glass
- paint brush
- foam paint brush
- tan felt
- tan, orange, light pink, black, and white craft paint
1. Lay down a piece of newspaper on your work surface.
2. Paint the inside of your wineglass tan with your foam paintbrush.
3. Now paint the outside of your wine glass tan and let dry.
4. Use your smaller paint brush to paint on the eyes with your white paint.
5. Then, paint on the triangle nose with your orange paint. Add two small pink circles for the cheeks.
6. Now use your black paint to paint of the mouth and details on the face.
7. Cut two sets of 10 strings of twine about 3″ in length and tie the top into knots for the hair.
8. Hot glue the knots to the top sides of the scarecrow’s head.
9. Now cut a hat from your tan felt and hot glue to the top of the scarecrow’s head (on the stem of the glass).
10. Place a tea light candle on top and display.
This fun Scarecrow Wine Glass Votive Holder is a great way to let your kids help you decorate your mantle or table for fall. Since a scarecrow is a typical fall seasonal idea and not just Halloween or Thanksgiving, this is ideal for making early in the season and keeping on hand to decorate throughout the season.