Ginger oil isn’t an oil you hear about everyday, but it is one worth paying attention too! Ginger oil can be used in a variety of recipes, or to help with a variety of health and beauty issues. You may already be enjoying the many benefits of ginger, and ginger oil is just another way to use this useful root and all it has to offer. If the thought of ginger oil intrigues you, take a peek below at how to use ginger oil in your own home.
How to Use Ginger Oil
How to make ginger oil:
Oil making experts will tell you that ginger oil isn’t one of the easier oils to create. If you want to avoid the hassle, you can find ginger oil at online retailers or at local specialty food stores. Prices will vary according to quality, and a pure ginger oil is best. Should you wish to make your own ginger oil, you can do so by combining 2 cups of grated, raw ginger and 3 cups of olive oil into a crockpot. Heat on low for 48 hours. As you can see, you need patience to cook ginger oil! You can then strain it through a cheesecloth and collect the oils. Place in an airtight jar and allow the oil to sit for 24 hours until natural separation occurs. Once it does, you can pour off the oil that accumulates at the top. Your ginger oil is now ready to be used.
How to use ginger oil:
As you might have imagined, ginger oil has a ginger flavor. You can use it in your Asian inspired dressings and marinades, on fish, and even as a dipping sauce for sushi. It tastes great on raw vegetables, or can be used to spice up soups and stews. Start small, and build flavor according to your tastes. Remember that it is always easier to add more oil than take away!
Store your ginger oil just as you would any essential oil. A cool and dry place is typically best. Should you see any separation in the oil, just give it a good shake and that should solve it. Separation is not harmful to the oil at all.
Health benefits of ginger oil: Ginger oil has many health benefits as well, and can help you get through flu and cold season. Here are some of the fantastic ways that ginger oil can help you feel your best.
- Help increase circulation by rubbing ginger oil over your feet and calves. This is especially helpful during the cold months when you are less active.
- Banish aching joints and muscles by massaging ginger oil into the sore areas. It can help ease pain and inflammation that results in pain.
- Soothe an upset stomach by massaging ginger oil onto the stomach. This can also be helpful when dealing with menstrual cramps.
- Add a few drops of ginger oil to your chest rub to give it a boost. It can help you breathe easier as well as take away any muscle soreness or aches in the chest as a result of the congestion.
- Make your baths more blissful by adding a few drops of ginger oil. It can help ease sore muscles, help you relax further, and can even help soften skin.
If you have been curious about ginger oil, give these suggestions for making your own and using ginger oil a try! As you can see it is a beneficial oil to keep on hand.