Essential oils are amazing for using around your home for anything from beauty to cleaning. Citrus essential oils have so many uses and when you use lemon essential oil, you can really get so many benefits from it. Here are 20 uses for lemon essential oil to get you started!
20 Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
1. Make a Goo Gone substitute. Use a couple drops of lemon essential oil, full strength, to remove the stickers from products, off walls and glass as well as remove crayon marks.
2. Add a couple of drops of lemon essential oil to your homemade household cleaners. It works great to provide extra cleaning power as well as grease cutting properties.
3. Kick up your vinegar spray for your extra grimy spots in the kitchen with a few drops of lemon essential oil.
4. Make your own furniture polish. Love the smell of lemon furniture polish, but hate all the chemicals? Make your own with some olive oil and a few drops of lemon essential oil!
5. Stop using stainless steel sprays on your appliances and cookware to add shine. Using just a couple drops of lemon essential oil brings back life and shine to these surfaces!
6. Get rid of odors in your garbage can with a couple drops of lemon essential oil in the bottom of it. It will stop odors in their tracks as well as provide the right acidity to not allow the bacteria to grow that create it.
7. Make your dishwasher soap do double duty by adding a drop of lemon essential oil to each load. It cuts through grease, loosens stuck food and leaves your glasses spot free!
8. Cold season will be taking over soon and lemon essential oil can be great when used in a humidifier for helping to control congestion.
9. Scrub away dry skin on your feet with a few drops of lemon essential oil. You can either apply directly to the trouble areas or add a couple drops to a foot soak.
10. Lemon essential oil can be used to treat acne prone skin. Add a drop to some coconut oil and use as a scrub. Make sure to dilute well as this can be harsh on very sensitive skin and also take note to wash it off well as it can make you more prone to sun damage.
11. Making a refreshing drink. If you have use a good quality lemon essential oil, you can add a drop or two to a glass of water to make a refreshing drink without the bitterness associated with lemon juice.
12. If you have a sting or bug bite, try applying a very small amount of lemon essential oil to it as it can help clean the area as well as lesson the sting.
13. Add some lemon essential oil to some coconut oil and apply to your lips as a preventative measure against cold sores.
14. Need a mid-day pick-me-up? Try rubbing some diluted lemon essential oil on your inner wrist for a quick energy boost!
15. If you suffer from oily scalp, try adding a drop of lemon essential oil to your shampoo each time you clean. It will help break down that greasy hair look.
16. Keep your toothbrush in top shape and germ free by rubbing some lemon essential oil on it once a week. Not only will it keep germs off your brush, but it has the added benefit of fighting them in your mouth, too.
17. Place a couple drops of lemon oil in your laundry and it will freshen them as well as help lift some stains.
18. For another laundry helper, try adding a couple drops of lemon essential oil to an old rag and tossing it in with your clothes in the dryer. It can help with odor removal and leave your clothes smelling amazing!
19. You can bring new life back to leather car seats or shoes with a few drops of lemon oil added to olive oil. Just make sure to test spot it before you do the whole area.
20. Make a sugar scrub. Mix lemon essential oil with some sugar and olive or coconut oil to create an invigorating scrub for cleaning your hands after gardening.
Do you have any uses for lemon essential oil not mentioned here? I would love to hear them in the comments!