Here are some fun summer activities to do at home with your kids.
Summer is officially here! It's starting to heat up outside, the sun is shining, and it's the perfect time to let loose and have some fun with your kids! There are so many fun things to do in the summer that you've just got to try!
Let's face it when school gets out for the summer, kids get bored. There is so much time that becomes freed up and the last thing you want to hear all summer is how your kids have nothing to do. But don't worry – we've compiled a list of 10 fun summer activities to do at home that will keep you and your little ones busy all summer long.
The great thing about these summer activities is that each one can be used as an opportunity to continue learning all while doing something fun and exciting! We hope you have a great time creating and beating the heat with these great activities for kids!
Fun Summer Activities to Do at Home
- Beat the heat with this fun Ice-Cavating activity. Kids need to figure out how to melt a toy out of a block of ice. This can double as a fun science activity if you investigate how to make the ice melt faster.
- DIY Sponge Water Bombs are a fun way to cool off and easy to make.
- Homemade Slushies are a delicious project for hot summer afternoons.
- These Shaving Cream Sensory Play Activities are fun for younger kids (and so much easier to clean up than paint!).
- Kids will love making their own DIY Lava Lamp and can be used as a science activity as well.
- This DIY Sidewalk Paint is easy to make and provides hours of creative fun.
- This Paint Bag Writing Tablet is such a cool idea! Fill a clear bag with paint, and kids can write on it with a q-tip.
- If you need a fun art activity for a wide age range, these Rainbow Pour Painted Pots would make a fun one.
- A Glow Stick Lantern would make a fun project for summer nights.
- You can whip together this DIY Play Dough in minutes!
- This DIY Bubble Blower looks like so much fun!
More Summer Activities for Kids
- 5 Fun Activities Using Drinking Straws
- How to Make Toy Boats – 3 Different Ways
- 5 Nighttime Games Using Glow Sticks
- Outdoor Water Activities to Help Kids to Beat the Heat
- 4 Fun Pool Noodle Crafts for Kids
You can find more ideas for frugal summer fun for kids here. Join us as we share a new frugal summer activity for kids each day for 100 days!