This DIY Bird House Fairy Garden Craft for Kids will provide hours of entertainment for your little ones!
Do your kids love fairies and fairy gardens? Here is a fun fairy garden idea children can enjoy no matter what the weather is like outside. This fairy garden village uses small wooden bird houses to create homes for the fairies. Kids can paint the bird houses and then cover them with foam stickers and adhesive rhinestones to make fun fairy houses. The houses are placed in a box lid with moss, rocks, and fake plants to create the village.
Letter F Activity
If your children are young, you can use this as an opportunity to talk about words that begin with the letter f: fairy, friend, flower, fox, food, fox, frog, etc. Let them come up with their own ideas. If they can write, you can ask them to make a list of the items that they can use in the fairy village that begin with the letter f.
DIY Bird House Fairy Garden
- small Wooden Bird Houses
- foam stickers
- adhesive rhinestones
- shoebox lid
- kraft or wrapping paper
- decorative rocks
- fairies and other small toys
1. Paint bird houses as desired and let dry.
3. I covered my shoebox with craft paper because it had two holes in the end. You can do the same or use wrapping paper. Secure with tape.
4. Plan out your fairy village and place your houses in the shoebox. Cover the box with moss and place the rocks on top of the moss.
5. You can adhere the moss to the box if desired. Use hot glue or spread tacky glue liberally on the bottom of the box and let dry completely.
More Fairy Garden Ideas for Kids
How to Create a Magical Fairy Garden
Leave a Reply