I am not sure what the weather is like where you live, but we have been having record high temperatures. It is so hot I don’t want to eat, let alone turn on the oven and cook. I just want to lay under a ceiling fan sucking on crushed ice. Unfortunately, my family doesn’t consider crushed ice a meal.
Thank goodness for salads! I can feed my family a “real meal” without heating up the kitchen. If you are looking for light, easy dinners or refreshing side dishes that don’t heat up the kitchen why don’t you try one of these salad recipes?
10 Delicious Salad Recipes
- This Apple Walnut Salad has a perfect sugar-free dressing to go with it for light and delicious fare.
- Nothing says fresh and seasonal like a berry salad in the summer. This Strawberry Spinach Salad with Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette is a great way to enjoy one!
- Looking for something quick and easy? This Asian Chicken Salad outta do it! It is full of fresh flavor and it’s definitely easy to make.
- Another great seasonal salad is this Swiss Chard Garden Salad with Blueberries and Apples. I can’t think of a more delicious way to enjoy these.
- If you love worldly flavors, you will love making this light and delicious Tabouli Salad from Elsa Cooks.
- This Minty Watermelon Salad from Nancy on the Home Front really would be perfect for a summer dinner potluck or a nice meal on the deck.
- Make this Everyday Salad Recipe from Gimme Some Oven for the perfect side dish to any meal as well as a nice light lunch.
- If you love a good chicken salad, try this Grilled Chicken Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing for a change. It is bursting with flavor.
- Don’t forget to give this Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Salad a go for a zesty and simple weeknight dinner. It also makes a great lunch made from leftovers.
- This Shrimp Salad Recipe with Wild Rice and Greens packs an entire meal right into a salad for a simple and savory dish everyone will love.
If you try any of these ideas – please let us know what you thought of them!