One of my earliest memories is of my Dad making this fudge at the holidays. My Dad handed over the recipe and the responsibility for making fudge to me when I was in my teens. It is quite easy to make. Like my peanut butter fudge recipe, the marshmallow cream simplifies the process and makes a creamy fudge that melts in your mouth.
How to Make Fudge – A Step by Step Tutorial (Recipe Below)
- ¾ cup butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 12 ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar of marshmallow cream (7 ounce jar)
- In a large pot combine the butter, evaporated milk, and sugar.
- Cook over high heat, stirring continuously until the mixture reaches 234 degrees (use a candy thermometer to keep track of the temperature).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until they are completely melted and completely mixed in.
- Add vanilla; stir well.
- Stir in marshmallow cream until it is completely mixed with the chocolate.
- Pour fudge into a greased pan or serving dish.
I like to buy Christmas tins at the post holiday sales when I can pick them up for a quarter. This recipe can be divided between 3 small tins and makes a delicious, inexpensive gift to share with the neighbors.