This is my family's favorite mashed potato recipe. Instead of butter and milk, I use olive oil and vegetable broth. It is is so flavorful that nobody will ever miss the butter and milk.
I use a potato ricer to easily create super creamy mashed potatoes.
I like to make my mashed potatoes a couple hours before dinner and keep them warm in a crock pot. This reduces the work load right before serving dinner, making for a less stressed cook. And in my opinion, the most important element to a successful dinner is a relaxed cook!
- 3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup vegetable broth (How to Make Vegetable Broth)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley (optional, for color)
- pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until they can easily be pierced by a fork.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes.
- While the potatoes are boiling, brown the minced garlic in 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Rice (I use a Potato Ricer) or mash the potatoes; adding garlic, oil, pepper, and parsley.
- Add the broth slowly to achieve the desired texture.
More Potato Recipes and Tips: