Football season is here! Which means it is time for game day appetizers and snacks.
It probably won't surprise you to learn that leftovers make their way into appetizers at my house. I shredded leftover pork roast and combine it to make pulled pork. Then I use the pulled pork to make Pulled Pork Nachos.
One thing I have learned of years of working with leftovers: Cheese makes everything better!
You might not think that cheesy nachos would work with pulled pork, but you have to try them to see just how well the flavor of the barbecue sauce and cheese go together. My family absolutely loves Pulled Pork Nachos and would make a meal of them if I would let them.
The cost of entertaining can add up, so when I find a deal on some of our favorite party foods I stock up. Target's Weekly Wow promotion this week is Kraft Cheese products! From 9/14 through 9/20, you can buy any 5 Kraft Cheese products for $10. I am stocking up and putting a few extra packages of cheese in the freezer.
How to Make Pulled Pork Nachos
To make pulled pork nachos, you first combine the shredded pork with barbecue sauce. You want it to be a little saucier than normal, so it is closer to the consistency of a dip.
Because the pulled pork is heavier than a traditional dip, you want to use a sturdy tortilla chip as the base. Then spread the pulled pork over the chips.
Sprinkle the Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese and the Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese over the top of the pulled pork. Place the nachos in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Once the cheese is melted, top the nachos with sour cream and sliced green onions if you wish. Then serve while it is still warm.
- Tortilla chips
- 2 cups cooked pork, shredded
- ~ ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce and shredded pork.
- Spread tortilla chips on a large, oven-safe platter.
- Spread the pulled pork over the center of the chips.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pulled pork.
- Place the platter in the oven and bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Top with sour cream and green onion slices. Serve while still warm.
Visit your local Target to take advantage of the Weekly Wow promotion featuring Kraft Cheese products! From 9/14 through 9/20, buy any 5 Kraft Cheese products for $10.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.