Do you ever get the urge to create something tasty but you don’t have a lot of time? This rustic French bread recipe can be created in under an hour and is amazingly delicious. The bread turns out to be perfectly scrumptious without much work on your part. The next time you crave homemade bread, give this fast and easy rustic French bread recipe a try! Be careful though—the family might not stop asking for it.
Homemade Rustic French Bread
- 1 Packet Rapid Rising Yeast
- 1¼ Cups Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a mixing bowl, pour the hot water. Sprinkle the yeast packet and sugar over the hot water. Let sit for about 5 minutes for the yeast to bloom before mixing.
- Once yeast has bloomed, add in 2 tablespoons olive oil, flour, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Your ingredients thus far should form a (sticky!) ball of dough.
- In a separate, large, mixing bowl pour in 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, should coat the inside of the bowl completely.
- Place your ball of dough in the new mixing bowl. Turn it a few times so that the entirety of the dough has been coated in the oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Place it somewhere warm for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a cookie or baking sheet with tin foil. Pour the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the center. With your fingers, move oil around so to cover where dough would touch the foil.
- Before placing the dough on the foil, sprinkle ½ tablespoon kosher salt over the oil.
- Place dough on cookie sheet, forming into a loaf shape.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ tablespoon kosher salt, black pepper, and rosemary over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Laura Tiffany says
Thank you for the great ideas. I will be following you