I deviated from my menu plan on the first day. I didn't change it too much, but I decided the flavors of Green Beans with Garlic and Garlic and Rosemary Red Potatoes were too similar, so I decided to change up the potatoes a bit. I wanted the flavor of the potatoes to compliment the green beans rather than replicate it.
I used the same easy method as in the Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Potatoes, because I really liked that they were low in fat, but so flavorful that it wasn't obvious. Instead of garlic and rosemary, I added onions and seasoned the potatoes with my Homemade Italian Seasoning Mix. It was a delicious combination that was popular with the whole family.
- 6 medium potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place diced potatoes in a pot of water. Cook over a medium-high flame until it comes to a boil. Lower the flame slightly so it doesn’t boil over and keep at a low rolling boil until the potatoes are fork tender, approximately 12 – 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes.
- Add oil and onion to pot. Saute over a medium flame for 2 minutes. Add potatoes and spices. Toss until thoroughly coated and cook over a medium-high flame for another 3 minutes.
What is your favorite way to make potatoes?