I saw Oreo Rice Krispie Treats on the Frugal Navy Wife and thought they looked like something my kids would enjoy, so I decided to create a gluten-free version for my family. My youngest son had lots of fun helping me. I let him count the marshmallows and put them in a pot. Then I placed the cookies in a bowl and gave him an antique potato masher to crush the cookies. He took his jobs very seriously!
Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
To make gluten-free Rice Krispie treats, you can use Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Gluten-Free Cereal. These used to be available in my local Walmart, but now I have to order them through Amazon. I could have used a gluten-free sandwich cookie, but decided to use Pamela’s Products Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies instead. They don’t have the cream filling, so I added a teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla to the marshmallow mixture to add a little extra flavor.
I chose to drizzle white chocolate over the top and then sprinkle a little bit of finely crushed cookies. It isn’t necessary, but it is delicious!
- ¼ cup butter
- 16 oz pkge large marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla
- 6 cups gluten-free Rice Krispies
- 7 oz. Pamela's Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies (crushed)
- 4 oz white chocolate (optional)
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- In a large pot, melt butter, marshmallows and vanilla.
- Once the butter and marshmallows are melted, stir in Rice Krispies and most of the crushed cookies (save some for the top).
- Press the Rice Krispies into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, approximately 1 minute.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of Rice Krispy Treats. Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top.
- Let it sit until it cool, approximately 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
More Gluten-Free No Bake Desserts:
What is your favorite gluten-free no-bake dessert?Yum