When I have a large crowd I usually make several desserts. I often include Peanut Butter Rice Krispy Treats in my dessert buffet, because I can make this dish gluten free and even dairy free with only minor substitutions, and without altering the flavor.
- 1 stick of butter (or df margarine)
- 30 - 35 large marshmallows
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies (I use a gluten free variety)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Melt butter, marshmallows, and peanut butter in a large sauce pan.
- Stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spread the mixture out immediately in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Let it cool.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together.
- Spread the melted chips on top of Rice Krispy mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
My friend Brenda shared this recipe with me many years ago and I think of her every time I make it. I love recipe sharers! Perhaps that is why I share my recipes with others.