Rice Krispie treats are an easy treat that kids love. Here’s how to make Rice Krispie treats, plus 17 delicious Rice Krispie treat recipes for every season.
Rice Krispie treats are a classic recipe that just about every kid has tried. They work well for bake sales, birthday parties, and packed school lunches. My mom used to make peanut butter ones when I was a kid and I loved them so much. I thought I was super special because most other kids moms just made plain old regular ones. These days, thanks to technology, there are a plethora of moms out there making and sharing delicious twists on this classic treat. Here are some incredible Rice Krispie Treat Recipes.
How to Make Rice Krispie Treats
Making Rice Krispie Treats is pretty easy, but these tips will make it easier.
- Lining the baking dish will make it easier to pull out the Rice Krispie Treats and cut them into squares of shapes. If you line your pan with foil instead of parchment paper, spray the foil with oil, so the treats do not stick to the foil.
- Don’t wait until the marshmallows are completely melted to fold in the Rice Krispies. Add the cereal when the marshmallows are 3/4 melted.
- If you use cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispie Treats into shapes, make sure the treats are completely chilled and firm. This will make it easier to cut the treats and ensures the treats will retain their shape.
Basic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
Makes approximately 12 servings
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal (off brand works great too!)
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
1. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment, wax paper, or foil.
2. Add the mini marshmallows and butter to a large saucepan or dutch oven and heat on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the mixture is about 3/4 melted, fold in the Rice Krispie cereal until it is completely coated.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and gently press down.
5. Place the Rice Krispie Treats in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Cut into squares and serve.
You can use some of the ideas below for shapes to cut the Rice Krispie Treats into.
Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
Now that we have a basic Rice Krispie Treat recipe, we can have fun creating variations.
Flavorful Twists on Rice Krispie Treats
For a tangy treat, give these delicious Lemon Meringue Rice Krispie Treats a go. They make perfect lunchbox additions for both kids and adults.
For a mini treat, give these Salted Caramel Chocolate Covered Rice Krispie Balls a chance. They are perfect for parties because of their portable bite size.
Kick up your treats a notch with these Peanut Butter Oreo Rice Krispie Treats. This recipe can also be made nut free with sunflower butter or something similar.
These Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats with Pumpkin Fudge Topping are sure to become a new fall favorite. They have all the warm flavors of the season right in them!
These treats are gluten-free! Check out the recipe for Gluten-Free Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats and make some today.
These Scotcheroos Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are just like the ones my mom used to make. My mouth is watering thinking of them!
School-Themed Rice Krispie Treats
These School Bus Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect gift for your child’s school bus driver or a back to school snack. I think these are fantastically adorable!
I also love these Apple Rice Krispie Treats for back to school time. They make adorable teacher gifts, too. They are easier to make than you think.
Fall Rice Krispie Treats
Bring in the flavor of fall with this recipe for Caramel Apple Rice Krispies. Drizzled with caramel, you won’t be able to get enough!
If you are a fan of candy corn you are really going to love these fall party perfection Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats.
Pumpkin spice everything extends all the way into fall treats with these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats.
Save some of the candy corn from Halloween to make these cute Chocolate-Dipped Turkey Rice Krispie Treats for Thanksgiving!
Christmas Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
Christmas is coming and that means it’s time for some lumps of coal in some stockings! Make this fun on Christmas morning with these cute Lump of Coal Rice Krispie Treats. If you have Cocoa Krispies and Chocolate Oreos, you can make these Double Chocolate Lump of Coal Rice Krispie Treats.
Extend the winter fun with these adorable Snowman Rice Krispie Treats!
More Holiday Rice Krispie Treats
Shamrock Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day parties.
These King Cake shaped Rice Krispie Treats are an easy and colorful dessert to serve for Mardi Gras.
Let the kids help decorate these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats! Not only are they a tasty dessert, but it is a fun Easter activity for kids.
What is your favorite way to eat Rice Krispie Treats?