Any of these free baby quilt patterns would make sweet baby blankets that would be treasured for years to come!
Making a quilt is always a labor of love. When it comes to making a baby quilt, you can be assured that it will most certainly be one of the best gifts you can make for a baby shower or for your own little one on the way. I have a quilt that was made for me when I was an infant that I still have and I passed it down to my own child when she was born. There is just something about quilts that make them heirloom pieces meant to be shared. To get you started on making one for generations, here are 10 free baby quilt patterns.
10 Free Baby Quilt Patterns
1. For beginners, this Cuddle Squares quilt from The Stitching Scientist is perfect! It is easy to change up for a boy or a girl and is also great if you are using up scraps.
2. Freshly Handmade has an adorable Purple and Turquoise Triangle Quilt that would be perfect for a baby girl. It could also be changed around for a boy to maybe blues, greens or even warm colors like yellow and orange for a unisex pattern.
3. This Modern Plus Quilt from In Color Order is a nice pattern for either a boy or girl. I like how colorful this one is! It looks like it might be for intermediate level quilters.
4. Wrap your little one up in this Hugs and Kisses Quilt from Quilt Patterns from Seattle By Cindy. I love this one! It looks so adorable.
5. This Mod Circles Quilt by Moda Bake Shop is one of my favorite patterns I came across. It is simple in design and allows you to match the nursery colors perfectly with very little extra fabric. It is also very easy to make.
6. Awww! Isn’t this Puppy Love Quilt from Craftsy one of the most adorable ones you have seen? I absolutely love it! What a great way to use up scrap fabric as well!
7. I love when I am putting together these lists and I come across a unique pattern! Check out this great use of scraps for this Circle Quilt by Jaybird Quilts!
8. For something simple and classic make this Christopher Quilt by Michelle’s Romantic Tangle. This one really looks like it would make an amazing heirloom quilt.
9. If you have a baby girl on the way, make this snazzy Pinkie Promise Quilt by BOM Quilts. You could change it up to be a color scheme for boys as well as the design is simple enough.
10. For something more advanced, try this Baby Blocks with Love Pattern from Free Quilting. This one will look amazing when it’s done!
You can save money on your homemade quilt with these tips for saving money on fabric quilting supplies.