My kids range in age between 7 and 24, finding foods that everyone likes can sometimes be a difficult task. There are a few things they all agree on like French Fries and Tater Tots® potatoes.
My youngest child is my pickiest eater. If he had a choice, he would live on French Fries and Tater Tots® potatoes. There are days where I have seriously wished that ketchup counted as a vegetable! Oddly enough, my 7 year old also likes spicy foods like salsa. So I have been able to get him to try new foods just by covering them in hot sauce or salsa. It may be weird, but one thing I have learned after 24 years of parenting is you go with what works.
One evening, I decided to combine two things that not only he likes, but that the rest of the family enjoys as well: Spicy food and Tater Tots® potatoes. I used Tater Tots® potatoes, chicken and an easy buffalo ranch sauce to create a Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole that the whole family enjoyed.
I keep a bag of Ore-Ida® Tater Tots® potatoes in my freezer for crazy busy days. You know the ones, the ones where you just need something easy to fall back on. It is really easy to combine the Tater Tots® potatoes with a few other ingredients to make a kid-friendly casserole that the whole family will love.
Since I was going for easy, I made the buffalo ranch sauce for this casserole by combining hot sauce and Ranch dressing
First you place the chicken in the casserole dish. Then combine half of the buffalo ranch sauce with the chicken. Tops the chicken with green onion slices.
Then place the still frozen Ore-Ida® Tater Tots® potatoes in rows across the top of the chicken pieces. Then pour the remaining buffalo ranch sauce over the Tater Tots® potatoes. Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Then add the remaining green onion slices. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Printable Recipe for Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole
- 1½ - 2 pounds uncooked chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
- 1 - 24 oz. bag Ore-Ida® Tater Tots® Potatoes
- ¼ cup hot sauce (less if your kids don't like spicy food)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the hot sauce and ranch dressing in a small bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a 12 x 9 casserole dish.
- Coat the chicken with half of the buffalo ranch sauce.
- Sprinkle most of the green onions over the chicken. Save some of the onion slices for the topping.
- Place the Tater Tots® potatoes in rows on top of the chicken pieces.
- Pour the remaining buffalo ranch sauce over the Tater Tots® potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the Tater Tots® potatoes.
- Top with the remaining green onions.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Here is a video showing you how easy it is to make this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole.
Do you like cooking with Tater Tots? Try this Jalapeno Popper Casserole Recipe!
Ore-Ida® uses only 100% fresh, American grown potatoes for their French Fries and Tater Tots. It’s quality you can feel good about, and the convenience you need in your busy life. Visit http://www.oreida.com for more great recipe ideas and to learn more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ore-Ida. The opinions and text are all mine.Yum