Make sure you save your pumpkin seeds when you carve pumpkins or make pumpkin puree this fall. Pumpkin seeds are not only edible, they are delicious. You can even eat them raw if you like, but my favorite way to eat pumpkin seeds is roasted with pumpkin pie spices.
To prepare your pumpkin seeds, remove the pumpkin flesh from the seeds, rinse in warm water and let dry for several hours until completely dry. Raw pumpkin seeds are also available in the bulk section of many grocery stores.
Save your pumpkin seeds and transform them into a delicious snack.
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened or oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablepooons sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (How to make Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place pumpkin seeds in a bowl.
- Mix butter and honey together in a small bowl. Pour over pumpkin seeds and toss to coat.
- Mix sugar and pumpkin pie spice mix together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mix over the pumpkin seeds and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread pumpkin seeds evenly over a cookie sheet. Roast for 25 - 30 minutes or until the seeds are brown and crunchy.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Dip
- Autumn Bark
- Pumpkin Pie Fudge
- Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Chai Latte Fudge
- Practically Perfect Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Sweet Potato Fries