Don't have time for clipping coupons? Here are 10 easy ways to save money on groceries without using coupons.
We all want to save money at the market, but many of us don’t have time to be extreme couponers and need simple ways to save. In this post, you will find 10 ways to save money on groceries and have more left over for other things!
10 Easy Ways to Save Money on Groceries Without Using Coupons
1. I can’t say enough about how much you will save if you plan meals. Planning meals not only saves you time and keeps you more organized, but it also allows you to not overspend and waste food. After you have made your meal plan from items that you already have on hand, make a list of the items you need and find the best sales on those items using the Favado App.
2. Keep your kitchen and pantry clean and organized. If it is, you are less likely to be tempted to eat out when you are tired. Here are tips for organizing your pantry.
3. Never, ever shop hungry or tired. You are far more likely to do impulse buying because everything will look tasty to you and if you are tired, you are more likely to buy expensive convenience foods.
4. Look for ways to skip convenience foods where it will make a huge price difference. For instance, soup is much cheaper and less full of sodium when you make it yourself. Popcorn is much cheaper when you pop it yourself in an air popper rather then buying microwaveable bags.
5. Don’t be brand loyal. Ketchup is virtually the same no matter what brand, for example. Don’t be afraid to use generic brands for generic things like mustard, oats, and rice. At the same time, watch for sales. Don’t assume the store brand is always cheaper.
6. Only buy in bulk when it makes sense. Don’t do it when you don’t have space or need for a large amount just because it is cheaper. It isn’t in the end if you waste it. One thing that is almost always cheaper and takes up very little space is bulk spices.
7. Don’t just go for eye level products at the market. Look on top shelves and bottom shelves. Many times, retailers put the most expensive things at eye level so you just grab them. The cheaper products may be just above or below eye level.
8. One of the biggest money eaters, especially in the summer is beverages. Make your own when you can and by all means, avoid convenience drinks. Like Iced Tea? Make your own for a fraction of the cost!
9. Another summer tip is to make sure you check out local produce at the Farmer’s Market. Often times, the prices are cheaper and you are supporting local farmers.
10. Don’t be afraid to go meatless once a week. Just cutting meat out of your diet one day a week can save a family of four an average of $20 a month or more.
Looking for more ways to save money on groceries without using coupons? Check out Stop Clipping & Start Saving: A Practical Guide to Saving Money Without Coupons for more ideas.