Some of the best beauty products can be found around your home! These 10 Beauty Hacks Using Common Household Items include frugal hair and skincare tips.
We’ve all heard of the traditional ways to make ourselves feel beautiful. However, there are things you have around your home that can help aid in your beauty routine. These beauty hacks are just what you need to really jump start your routine without spending a ton of money. I’ve come up with several beauty hacks that you can use with everyday items around your home. Stop spending your life savings on beauty products and check out these 10 Beauty Hacks Using Common Household Items.
10 Beauty Hacks Using Common Household Items
1. Sugar makes an awesome body scrub. Did you know you can use sugar to help make your own body scrub? It’s quite amazing, actually! You simply add sugar to any pureed fruit and from there you can use it as a body scrub day or night. We have some great tips for how to make sugar scrubs with 6 recipes included!
2. Sugar can help your lips stay incredibly smooth. If you really need your makeup to last longer, then you’re going to really put your household sugar to use. Simply scrub a little bit on your lips before applying makeup and it will actually help it last longer! Makeup can be expensive, so this is one of my favorite beauty hacks. I’ve also noticed that using sugar on the lips also helps to a person to obtain the softest lips ever.
3. Coconut oil is known to alleviate skin irritation. Coconut oil is something I keep around the house all of the time. I’ve realized that coconut oil can be used for anything. Do you want to hear one of my favorites? It actually helps to alleviate skin irritations. I just rub a little bit on my skin daily and I’ve noticed by skin irritations have dramatically decreased. It also works as one of my favorite beauty hacks to soften skin.
4. Make those lips softer than ever with coconut oil. Did you know coconut oil also makes an awesome lip balm? I simply rub a dab of coconut oil on my lips or I take the time to make my very own lip balm. This is one beauty hack you’ll want to use over and over. Don’t forget that you can also use coconut oil to help improve the moisturizing abilities of your lotions.
5. Allow your hair to shine more than ever with the vinegar in your cupboard. Vinegar is one of those items that almost everyone has in their cupboard. My favorite beauty hack for vinegar is to rinse my hair out with one cup of vinegar once a week. This routine helps to keep your hair shiny.
6. Aluminum foil can help you store your silver and keep it shinier than ever! If you’re tired of wearing dull silver, then it’s time to whip out the aluminum foil in the house. All you need to do is wrap your silver tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before storing. The aluminum foil works as a protectant for the silver and keeps debris and dust away. The next time you want to wear your silver jewelry, it’ll look as good as new.
7. Honey is an incredible tool to use in your everyday beauty routine. It’s time to dig into your cupboards and pull out that bottle of honey for some of the best beauty hacks around. Not only is honey good to help alleviate coughing but it also works as an awesome face mask ingredient. The recipe calls to mix one teaspoon of honey with equal parts water and moisturizer and then you can rub it on your skin. Don’t forget to rinse and then pat dry!
8. Lemon is the perfect ingredient for making you look younger. Do age spots have you down? Grab some lemons from the local farmer’s market and keep them on hand at all times. Take a cotton swab + lemon juice and dab the age spots on your face. Over time, those spots will lighten and you’ll look as young as ever.
9. Witch hazel is the perfect makeup remover. I’ve come to realize that I do not need to spend a ton of money on makeup remover. I’ve found that witch hazel is the perfect ingredient to remove makeup from my face. This is one beauty hack I’ve been using for several years.
10. Use witch hazel as a skin refresher. If your skin just feels dry and outdated, then try rubbing a few drops of witch hazel into the skin. Witch hazel will make your skin better than ever. I love doing this in the morning to help me wake up a little bit!
These beauty hacks are both frugal and luxurious for your skin and beauty routine. You'll cut out some expenses while managing to keep your look up to date and gorgeous!