These free Barbie sewing patterns make fun homemade gifts for kids.
When I was a little girl, my mom used to make some clothing for my Barbies. I felt special to have these since they were unique and you couldn’t buy them in the store. When my daughter was still playing with Barbies, I couldn’t believe what they wanted to charge for just one outfit. I could buy an entire outfit for myself for the price! Making Barbie clothes is so easy and it can practically be free since you can use up your sewing scraps to do it most of the time. Making these clothes can be awesome for gift giving and for teaching the basics of sewing to your child. Here are 11 free Barbie sewing patterns to get you started.
11 Free Barbie Sewing Patterns
1. Make this awesome Mermaid (or merman!) tail for your Barbies from Sew Spoiled. It’s so simple even beginners can do this one!
2. The Moody Fashionista shows you how to turn a sock into a dress for Barbie. How creative is that? This is perfect for all those pairs of socks that just have one.
3. This Itty Bitty Apron from the Brassy Apple is so awesome. I almost want one for myself!
4. Almost Unschoolers has a great tutorial on making Simple Felt Clothing for Barbie and Ken. This one is so simple your kids can do it with you.
5. If a strapless dress is more your Barbie’s style, here is a great tutorial from Craftiness is Not Optional.
6. All Free Crafts has a great 5-minute Denim Skirt you can make for Barbie. You could also do this with other fabrics and have an entire wardrobe of mini skirts.
7. This Black Flounce Skirt by Miss B Couture is really cute and looks like it takes just minutes to make.
8. Happier than a Pig in Mud has a great pattern for easy slacks or jeans for Barbie.
9. Mellebug has a great Vintage Doll Dress tutorial that looks pretty awesome even on the modern Barbie.
10. This Sportswear Top and Pants from Miss B Couture are pretty awesome for the days when Barbie is just being lazy.
11. As an added bonus, I saw this on Miss B Couture’s page and I thought it was so awesome. She made the entire country club outfit from dress to hat and even handbag as worn by Julia Roberts’ character in “Pretty Woman”. Is that amazing?