These free pillow patterns are a great way to spruce up a room!
Ever since I was a child, I have loved creative pillows in fun designs, shapes, and patterns. In fact, my poor husband has to stop me from buying pillows sometimes because I have so many. While it is true that I like to sleep with a lot of pillows, I equally like to decorate with a lot of them, too. I have pillows for every season and holiday. To me, a pillow is such an easy way to create a look in a room and add that finishing touch. If you love pillows like I do, then, this list is for you! Here are 10 free pillow patterns to get you started.
12 Free Pillow Patterns
1. The DIY Mommy has an easy pattern for an envelope pillow cover to use with a square pillow filler. This is a great way to make pillowcases that match your home decor.
2. I love the colors that this blogger chose for her free pattern on this one. This design is very beautiful and would look great as a pillow on a recliner or hallway chair. Get started on your own Hexagon Pillow from Sew 4 Home.
3. I wish I had made this Felt Tooth Fairy Pillow by Buggy and Buddy when my daughter was still getting visits from the tooth fairy! It is so cute!
4. It's Always Autumn has a cute pattern for a perfect pillow for the summer season! Make this cute Kid-Sized Travel Pillow for those vacations you will be taking this year! It even features a pocket for storage and handles for easy carrying.
5. If you have a cabin, boat or even just a backyard camp-out space, this Flip Flip Pillow from Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom is perfect! Isn't that the cutest thing?
6. Since owls are such a big thing these days for home decor and nurseries, I looked for the best free pattern for a pillow as I could find. This Snuggly Owl Pillow from Make it and Love It is one of the best I came across.
7. I love these unique Sprocket Pillows from Cluck Cluck Sew. They would be a great project to use up leftover fabric!
8. I have never seen a pillow like this that wasn't in a catalog or higher end store. Now you can make your own Ruched Pillow by Fleece Fun. It looks fairly simple to do!
9. No pillow pattern list would be complete without a nursing pillow. You can make your own with this absolutely adorable Poppy Pillow Form from Made by Marzipan.
10. I love pillows that have a texture to them. This Shabby Chic Ruffled Pillow Tutorial from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom is lovely! Sewing the ruffles could be a little time-consuming, but well worth it.
Here are some pillow cover patterns to spruce up pillows you already have!
11. Envelope pillow covers are the easiest to make and Hey There Home has a great Envelope Pillow Cover Tutorial. It uses an existing pillow as a pattern, so you can modify it for any regular shaped pillow.
12. If you prefer zippered pillow covers, try this Invisible Zipper Pillow Cover Tutorial from So Sew Easy. It is for a square pillow but looks like it could be easily adapted.
Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
More Free Sewing Patterns
- 10 Free Quilt Patterns
- 10 Free Skirt Patterns for Women
- 10 Free Sundress Patterns for Women
- 10 Free Dress Patterns for Girls
- 10 Free Skirt Patterns for Girls
- 10 Free Sundress Patterns for Girls
- 10+ Free Window Treatment Patterns and Tutorials