These frugal beauty tips are just what you need to enjoy those special things without splurging. Affordable doesn't mean it isn't awesome. You'll be able to get that gorgeous look you want easily without spending outside of your budget.
I love finding frugal beauty tips that help me feel gorgeous every day. Women will spend a fortune trying to get their skin, hair, and face to look picture perfect. From hair products to makeup, everything adds up. When it comes to looking great, it doesn’t have to cost you as much as an expensive caviar dinner. In fact, many beauty tips are dirt cheap. Here are 9 Frugal Beauty Tips Every Woman Needs to Know.
9 Frugal Beauty Tips Every Woman Needs to Know
1. The brand is the same at every store. You don’t have to buy beauty care products at high-end stores. Seriously, Dove is the same at Ulta, Sally Beauty, and Walmart as it is anywhere else. Just because a name brand can be found at the dollar store doesn’t mean it’s any different.
2. The name doesn’t matter. The way the product works is not determined upon the name of the product. You need to look at the ingredients. If one name has the same ingredients as the name brand but is much cheaper, get that off brand. If you are still concerned, try out the trial or small size first. You can also find things like makeup brushes, nail polish, and more on Amazon super cheap and the same quality.
3. Moisturize with coconut oil. Most lotions are made with chemicals that actually dry your skin out more. This means you buy more. Instead of using lotion, head to the baking section and moisturize your body with coconut oil. It is great for using as a basic moisturizer or to treat dry patches as needed.
4. Use vinegar for shiny hair. Apple cider vinegar works wonders for adding shine back into your hair. Coat your hair with vinegar, leave it on for 3-minutes, then rinse for a natural shine. This is a great idea to use on occasion to boost shine, but don't use every day as it can strip natural oils if used to frequently.
5. Exfoliate with sugar. Use ¼ a cup of oil and ½ cup of brown sugar to create an exfoliating body wash you can’t find in stores. Exfoliating helps with dead skin cells, dry skin, and calluses. We have some tips for how to make sugar scrubs and great recipes to get you started.
6. Make your makeup last. Makeup is expensive, and it’s even more expensive when you don’t use it all. Run your mascara tube through hot water to get more out of it, use a lip brush to get all your lipstick out, and cut your foundation tube to get every last bit.
7. Wash your hair less. When you wash your hair every day, you strip it of natural oils. To keep your hair looking it’s best, only wash it 2-3 times a week. If needed, you can use a dry shampoo between washing.
8. Drink more water. Water is the number one way to a more youthful you. Water cleans and detoxifies your body leaving you with bouncier hair, smoother skin, and an all-around radiant appearance.
9. Buy acetone instead of nail polish remover. Nail polish remover contains acetone but is filled with mostly water. If you buy a 100% bottle of acetone, you will save more money and use it less. Just be careful with this as it can be harsh on your skin. Definitely keep this out of reach of children.
These frugal beauty tips are just what you need to make your beauty routine easier to afford. By changing out a few simple things each month, you can really change your budget and still keep up your routine.