DIY beauty products are all the rage, and there is a reason why they are! Who doesn't love to save money, avoid harmful chemicals, and feel a satisfaction in creating something with your own hands? I have created countless body scrubs, lotions, face wash etc. These Homemade Citrus and Herb Sugar Scrub Bars are one of my very favorite home spa treatments because they leave your skin so soft, smooth, and scented wonderfully! The combination of citrus and rosemary is ideal for waking up your senses in the morning throughout spring, summer, fall, or winter!
All you need to make your own Homemade Citrus and Herb Sugar Scrub Bars is just a few simple ingredients and a pretty mold. I use a soap base with Shea butter for extra moisturizing benefits, but you can use any one you like. The same goes for essential oils. Use any brand you like, but I always recommend 100% pure therapeutic grade quality. You can create a batch to keep in your own bathroom or make a bunch to give as gifts.
Homemade Citrus and Herb Sugar Scrub Bars
- 1/2 cup soap base
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 drops Orange essential oil
- 5 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2 grated oranges, lemons, or limes
- Combine soap base and coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, essential oils, and grated orange peel.
- Pour quickly into molds. I've found that silicone is best because the bars are easy to remove and clean up afterwards.
- Press into mold firmly and allow to harden. Pop them out and store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- To use, massage a bar in a circular motion on wet skin. Rinse away and pat dry with a towel.
- Use caution as the coconut oil may leave the floor of your shower a bit slippery.