Both peppermint and lavender have properties that promote relaxation and wellness, which is why they are the perfect addition to your bath water. This Peppermint Lavender Bath Soak recipe is perfect for when you need to relax and unwind. It not only smells dreamy, but can actually help your muscles relax and leave you feeling more refreshed. You don't need to go through much trouble to make your own, just check out the simple recipe below. You can make a batch in just minutes.
Peppermint and Lavender Bath Soak
- 2 cups of regular Epsom salts
- 2 teaspoons of dried and crushed lavender OR 5-7 drops of Lavender Oil
- 2 teaspoons of dried and crushed mint OR 3-5 drops of Peppermint Oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
During the winter months you may have limited access to fresh herbs such as lavender and mint. That is ok! You can always buy these items dried at a local market or use essential oils in their place. You will still get wonderful results either way, so don't get discouraged.
- Begin by mixing the ingredients into a bowl. If using fresh herbs, don't be afraid to press on them and crush them further so you can further release the oils inside.
- Mix well and place in an air tight container or glass jar with lid.
- To use, pour the entire mixture into the bath. Pour it under the running water to help it further dissolve.
- Once the mixture has had a chance to dissolve, hop in and enjoy your bath! You will notice that is smells amazing.
The Epsom salt will help relax your sore muscles, while the essential oils will promote relaxation and a restful night's sleep. It really is a winning combination of herbs and other ingredients.
Whip up a batch of this peppermint lavender bath soak for yourself or even for a gift. In a jar it makes a wonderful and practical jar gift that anyone would love to receive.
If you enjoy making gifts from essential oils, or just like to treat yourself to homemade bath products, check out this easy Herb and Citrus Body Butter recipe over at The Homespun Hydrangea!