If you love displaying succulents you will love this creative succulents wall hanging, perfect for brightening up your space. You can make one in under thirty minutes, and the end result is the perfect solution for displaying these gorgeous little plants in your home. Don’t worry if you don’t have table or shelf space, this DIY Succulents Wall Hanging can go right on the wall. Here is how you can make your own, using just a few supplies from your local craft store and dollar store.
DIY Succulents Wall Hanging
- Wood wall hanging (can be found premade at craft stores for just a few dollars)
- Gold spray paint
- Two small succulent plants (I used fake succulents from my local dollar store)
- Hot glue, glue gun
I highly recommend using the fake succulents. First, they are light weight and can handle being glued securely to the wall hanging base. Also, they are so real looking but completely fuss free. You won’t need to worry about watering them or making sure they get enough light. For just a buck each, they are perfect for this project.
1. Begin by removing the plants from their pots. Apply two coats of gold spray paint, allowing the paint to dry well in between. We placed our little pots inside of a cardboard box for spraying. This way, we were able to get excellent coverage without worrying about paint splatters elsewhere.
2. Once the pain is dry, add a generous amount of hot glue to the back side of the pots and press them to the wood plaque. You can arrange them side by side or stagger them on the board. If you wish, you can even fit a third pot. Do what works well for your space and your taste.
3. After the pots are glued back into place, add the succulents back inside. The piece should now be complete and be ready for display.
That’s all there is to it! Your DIY Succulents Wall Hanging is now ready to be displayed and enjoyed in your home. Won’t it look gorgeous displayed on your wall? And chances are, no one will even know the plants inside are fake.
Gather your supplies and give this simple wall hanging a try. It is a fun way to add some greenery to your walls! If you want to try your hand at some more crafts using succulents, head over to The Homespun Hydrangea where I am showing readers how to make a Simple Succulents Wreath and a Vertical Succulents Garden.