Even the simplest of parties can look extraordinary when you pay attention to details. For example, take a look at how a little piece of washi tape can turn these ordinary cutlery pieces into something fresh. If you are planning a garden party, shower, or summer party soon, take a look below at how to make your own washi tape garden party silverware. It is the perfect two minute craft that can really add some charm to your gathering!
DIY Washi Tape Party Silverware
- Floral Washi tape (We found this pattern at Dollar Tree)
- Wooden silverware (Around $3 a box at Michael’s)
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Mason jar
1. Start by cutting 2 inch lengths of Washi tape. Begin wrapping them around the handle of the silverware. For a spiral look, cut longer lengths and just begin wrapping.
2. Use a dab of hot glue to secure the Washi tape to the handles. Snip off any extra tape for a clean look.
3. Repeat on the various pieces of silverware, creating a single or multiple wrap if you wish. For ours we did a double wrap, but you can do what works best for you.
4. A mason jar is perfect for displaying your silverware. Just place them in the jar when you are done. If you wish you can decorate the jar with some matching Washi tape as well.
See how simple it can be to turn regular, plain silverware into something lovely? Give this easy DIY a try and in no time you will have that added detail that guests just seem to love, and notice!
More DIY Ideas
How to Make Washi Tape Napkin Rings
How to Make a Mossy Monogrammed Door Hanger
Kristen from The Road to Domestication says
Hi, Katie! We wanted you to know that we LOVED this so much when you linked it up to the #HomeMattersParty last week…we FEATURED it THIS week! Come by and check it out if you have a chance 🙂 Happy Friday! http://theroadtodomestication.com/2015/06/26/home-matters-linky-party-43/
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai says
What a clever way to elevate plastic silverware for fun entertaining! LOVE this. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty – we love partying with you! Hope to see you next Friday. 🙂
Life With Lorelai